“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
A.A. Milne

Thursday, November 17, 2016

How to make EASY Corn Chowder

And I mean easy.  This is not homemade.  This is semi-homemade-which is how I cook.  Semi.  I don't like to cook.  I never have.  I only do so because eating out every day is too dang expensive!! And when my kids were little, they made me feed them.  They were funny that way:)

Anyway, here it is:

For this recipe (if that's what you want to call it) , I use AUGASON Farms Creamy Potato Soup mix.  It comes in bulk and can be found at some supermarkets, online, and at Walmart.  I like it because it is for food storage and lasts a really long time.  It also is simple to make--only add water.  And a big bonus here--it tastes good!!!






EASY CORN CHOWDER

Augason soup mix OR Potato soup--ready made, or 1 pkg of any potato soup mix.  (I make enough soup to feed a family of four).

1 15 oz can sweet kernel corn

chopped celery or dried celery bits

1/4 cup bacon bits

sour cream

shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:  Make the soup as directed on the package or can.  Add corn, celery ,and bacon bits. Cook until done--about 15 minutes. Add 1 or 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.  Dish up and add a dallop of sour cream on top.  This soup is NOT low calorie so just enjoy!!!



6 comments:

  1. I was more than happy to uncover this great site. I need to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new information on your blog.
    Boots Opticians

    CiCi's Pizza
    TellCulvers
    TellDunkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take your dog for yearly health checks. Ask your vet for advice about vaccinations and parasite treatments (e.g. fleas and worms). Many vets provide health care packages that work alongside your pet insurance to help manage the costs of check-ups and preventative treatments. Ask your vet if they offer a health care scheme.
    https://dogsrecommend.com/stairs-steps-ramps/for-bed/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much are you willing to spend on invitations, food, drink, table and seat settings, decorations, music & entertainment?

    Be brutally honest with yourself here; you don’t want to end up over budget after all is said and done.
    https://icemakershub.com/best-ice-makers/

    Which of the above items are the most and the least important to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is very interesting to read dear. thanks for sharing about CORN. You are such a great re presenter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this awesome recipe - great comfort food, perfect for winter, with a crusty bread roll and butter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was more than happy to uncover this great site. I need to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new information on your blog.
    Best Ice Makers for Ice Lovers
    Best Commercial Ice Makers for business
    Portable Ice Makers for large gatherings

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly