“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
A.A. Milne

Thursday, November 17, 2016

How to make EASY Corn Chowder

And I mean easy.  This is not homemade.  This is semi-homemade-which is how I cook.  Semi.  I don't like to cook.  I never have.  I only do so because eating out every day is too dang expensive!! And when my kids were little, they made me feed them.  They were funny that way:)

Anyway, here it is:

For this recipe (if that's what you want to call it) , I use AUGASON Farms Creamy Potato Soup mix.  It comes in bulk and can be found at some supermarkets, online, and at Walmart.  I like it because it is for food storage and lasts a really long time.  It also is simple to make--only add water.  And a big bonus here--it tastes good!!!






EASY CORN CHOWDER

Augason soup mix OR Potato soup--ready made, or 1 pkg of any potato soup mix.  (I make enough soup to feed a family of four).

1 15 oz can sweet kernel corn

chopped celery or dried celery bits

1/4 cup bacon bits

sour cream

shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:  Make the soup as directed on the package or can.  Add corn, celery ,and bacon bits. Cook until done--about 15 minutes. Add 1 or 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.  Dish up and add a dallop of sour cream on top.  This soup is NOT low calorie so just enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly