“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
A.A. Milne

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

An "Uncooked Banana Pudding" kind of day!

Fall is usually the season for apples.  Applesauce, apple pie, carmel apples, apple betty, apples, apples, apples.  But I woke up and felt like bananas.

I'm a no-cook kind of cook.  I like to cook as long as it doesn't take too long and there isn't much of a mess. So this recipe suits me just fine.  Here's what you'll need:




8 ounces sour cream
1, 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1, 5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups milk (original recipe calls for whole milk but I found that even skim works)
1 16 ounce package vanilla wafer cookies
4 bananas , peeled and sliced
1 8x8 glass baking dish OR 2 quart round glass baking dish (I have a really old Pyrex that I use)

In large bowl combine sour cream, whipped topping, pudding mix and milk. Stir well by hand. In the bottom of your glass serving dish, put a layer of cookies, then a layer of pudding mixture, then a layer of bananas. Repeat until all ingredients are used.  Save out about 5 cookies and smash in a baggie until crumbs.  Sprinkle crumbs on top for decoration! Refrigerate until serving.  Makes about 8-10 servings.  

Fast, easy, and I promise they will all love it!!

Stay tuned for my next blog.  The closer we get to Christmas, the more Christmas crafts I'll be featuring.

Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Printfriendly