“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
A.A. Milne

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Just Begin it!

I've been wanting to start a blog for ages. It is always there in the back of my mind. Of course, like so many other women, moms, wives, daughters, sisters, etc... I had a million and one excuses.  It was always on my to do list.  A blog was just one of those that never got crossed off.

I am one of those people who has a bunch of ideas and projects that I'm going to get to tomorrow.  But like Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind, Tomorrow never comes.  I've started sewing projects, writing projects, and home repair projects.   A few I have actually finished.  However, in order to finish something, you actually have to begin it.

Pinterest seems to have fueled those never started and unfinished projects --at least for me.  I love Pinterest.  But to be honest, I've yet to do even one of those things I've pinned-- except for some cookies a few weeks back.

Then this morning, I woke up and decided.  I'm doing it.  I'm starting a blog.  It's not going to be a specific blog.  Not a blog about just recipes.  Not a blog about just sewing.  Not a blog about being a mom, or a DIYer, or being frugal or anything.  Just a blog.  I'm going to include in this blog stuff I am doing or am thinking about or am going to do.  I may even include a few bucket list items.

So stay tuned into this blog for recipes, sewing projects, diy projects, short stories, etc, etc, etc...Maybe you can take away something you can use.  Maybe you can't.  I will give you little glimpses as we both go.

In the words of Winnie the Pooh,  oh bother!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on just doing it! I started my own blog this past month too! I'd been talking about it for some time and the only thing holding me back was that I couldn't come up with a name. I finally did though! Someday I'd like to make it look cute, but for now I'm happy that I'm writing and posting regularly. Good luck with your blog!


    Cari @ Reach For The Star Berries
    Reach For The Star Berries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Cari!! I'm going to check out your blog!

      Delete

Printfriendly